**Port construction update – Effective Aug 22, 2022**
New route to Marine Group Boat Works – Gate 1 is New Yard Access
The Port has reached its next phase of construction which results in several roads being closed:
- G Street – Temporarily closed (Aug 22, 2022 – Aug 23, 2023)
- Sandpiper Way – Permanently closed
- Quay Ave – Permanently closed
- Bayside Pkwy – Permanently closed
New Route to Marine Group Boat Works (See Map Below):
With all the roads being closed, the easiest way to get to MGBW is by exiting H Street off the I-5 freeway. It will take you to a new Temporary Access Road that runs through Bayside Park and forks into a new MGBW Gate 1 entrance for yard access and MGBW Gate 2 entrance to Office parking and access.
- Yard Access – Subs/Vendors with Parking Permits and Deliveries ONLY
- Office Access – Crew, Visitors and those with Parking Permits ONLY
Specific to Subcontractors:
- Subs working in the yard must have a parking pass to park in the yard’s allocated subcontractor parking lot. No personal cars will be authorized to access the yard. See Facilities Manager Tommy Oman for a parking pass (619) 495-1241 or email@example.com
- Additional company vehicles and/or personal vehicles may park in the off-site parking lot. Street parking has been drastically reduced due to the road closures.
Specific to Deliveries:
- Deliveries will be received at Gate 1, the new Western Entrance to the Yard by the bay. See Map below.
- You must contact the Front Desk at 619-427-6767 to check in with Shipping Receiving.
Marine Group Boat Works has secured an off-site parking lot for general parking:
- Off-site Parking is located at 801 H Street, Chula Vista
- Morning shuttle runs from 5:30 – 7:40 am
- Afternoon shuttle runs from 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Main Office – Guest Parking: There will be limited parking spaces at Gate 2 – Main Office Parking Lot reserved for Visitors. Please limit your stay to 30 minutes or you may be towed.
- G Street – a small portion of the road is available for public parking at a first come, first serve basis. Parking is at your discretion as the road is subject to closures.
Questions and concerns? Contact Facilities Manager Tommy Oman at (619) 495-1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org